Edition V17N04 | Year 2012 | Editorial Interview | Pages 4 to 11
-Certificate and Masters – Department of Orthodontics, Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine.
-Director of Orthodontics in the Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine.
-Director, Craniofacial Imaging Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine.
– Visiting Professor, Department of Orthodontics, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
– Active member of the American Association or Orthodontists (AAO) and the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (AAOMR).
– Diplomate American Board of Orthodontics.
– Member of AAO Committee On Information Technology (COIT).
– Member of American Dental Association (ADA) Standards Committee on Dental Informatics [SCDI] Working Groups 12.1- Application of the DICOM Standard in Dentistry and 11.6 – Integration of Orthodontic Standards.
– Member of AAO/AAOMR Council on Creating Guidelines for the use of CBCT in Orthodontics.
– Guest Editor – Seminar in Orthodontics ? Cone Beam CT for the Orthodontist 2010.
– Editorial Review Board – Bone, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Angle Orthodontist, European Journal of Orthodontics, Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, Journal of the American Dental Association, International Journal of Oral Science, Journal of Applied Oral Science, etc.
– American Association of Orthodontists Foundation (AAOF) Awards in 1999, 2001 and 2004.
– Past President of the Omnicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) National Honor Dental Society.
Professor J. Martin Palomo is a graduate of the Ponta Grossa State University and proudly hails from Ponta Grossa, Brazil. He was selected to specialize at the prestigious Case Western Reserve School of Dental Medicine (CWRU) in Cleveland Ohio and during his graduate training, began to feel that he could serve the profession more broadly through academics and specifically through imaging. Dr Palomo?s ambition has always been to serve his native Brazil; he has worked in Curitiba, the mayorship of Manoel Ribas, and the university of UNIPAR, in Umuarama. While working as an orthodontist in Brazil, he was invited to return to CWRU and appointed to Clinic Director and Research Fellow of the Bolton Brush Center. Dr Palomo earned several awards for his teaching from the American Association of Orthodontics and chaired their Council on Education Leadership Implementing Evidence Based Dentistry. Today Dr. Palomo is the Director of Orthodontics and Chair of the Graduate Studies Committee at CWRU. He has built the premier imaging center in the Midwest and is busy authoring the American Dental Association position paper on the subject. He has assembled an award winning team of top notch researchers, clinical orthodontists, physicians, and graduate students who contribute to the profession. His ambition is to serve his native Brazil through authorship, speaking, meetings, and collaborations. Dr. Palomo is married to a periodontist and they have a 7 year-old daughter and three dogs.